Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mum-bye??

(in pic: Kharghar, Navi Mumbai)

Boy do I miss Mumbai!! What with me in Goa doing my engg., and spending summers wit internships elsewhere ( this time around, Hyderabad ), I really miss the huzz and buzz of the world's second most populous city, fourth most expensive market and seventh largest billionaire city ( not that I'm one of them - just wanted to mention it as a part of useless trivia :P ).

I don't actually hail from Mumbai.. the later years of my life there were in Navi Mumbai ( another trivia fact, Navi Mumbai was the only Indian city to be featured in National Geographic's Super Cities of the World). Anyways, my heart still twinges with nostalgia... the pav-bhaji, vada pav and bhel puri stalls on the roadsides, the generalement hanging out of the trains.... :( Oh Mumbai, when will our next meeting be?

(in pic: Mumbai's Marine Drive)

(in pic: The Gateway of India)
(in pic: The Haji Ali Mosque)

(in pic: Downtown Mumbai at night)
(in pic: extreme rush hour)

(in pic: One of R.K.Laxman's masterpieces. Oh! The memories!! :') )

No comments: