Saturday, May 2, 2009

Left Behind

All of a sudden, the wind feels so cold
My heart starts beating harder,
Turning back, as I watch you go
The memories remain, my breath stops short.

For all the whispers of sweet nothings
And the shy smiles you couldn't hide,
For all the promises of everlong
In this dark alley, alone, I remain.

Where did the ride stop thrilling you?
When did the lies take over?
How was it that you took so long
And decide to leave me behind?

In this dusk, the shadows engulf me
My pulse starts racing, in fear,
Of loneliness, and betrayal
The injustice of it all, my vision clouded.

For all the miles you promised to walk
Beside me, on this journey,
For all the stars you deciphered
You couldn't read these black wings of Fate.

Where did the path stop inspiring you?
When did the smiles turn fake?
How was it that it that you took so long
And decide to leave me behind?

-Varun

No comments: