Friday, May 15, 2009

Birthday Blues!!!

<> exams over, FINALLY!!! Two weeks of sleepless nights has left me overweight and exhausted!! :P ( Read: the overweight tag partly due to my leg surgery as well :) ) Now droopy eyes, and yellow skin, just waiting for the forty winks to come calling upon me.... heheh.

The luck of the draw was that.... my birthday coincided with my last exam!! So essentially, I was leaving my teenage behind me as I mugged up formulae and complex equations from the Transmission Line Theory and Waveguides, and doing a Microwave Circuit Analysis. As usual, I think of the futility of trying to decide upon resolutions for my first year
into 'young adulthood'. I basically had my three wishes as I blew out the candle from my cake... one of them's already come true, so I guess it's not a bad start to a new life. :)

Since my bday falls in the summer vacations, I generally celebrate them by spending some quiet time with my family... and am not used to throwing parties for friends... But this time was different. Omg the creativity of my friends in picking out presents, that too in their reduced financial state ( most of them are leaving in a couple of days ) has to be lauded.

Unfortunately, some of my best buddies are leaving for Practice School next semester... life just won't be the same without them. My Practice School is in the even semester...so when these guys come back to campus, I'll be gone. So yesterday, after we dragged through the last three hours of answering theory, we felt totally elated - except with the nagging feeling that we wouldn't be seeing half of the people of our batch, probably for a loooong time, if ever again....

Immediately it was decided that we'd head out for dinner in the nearby town, Vasco. I had a stack of Sodexo Meal Passes begging to be spent, but nowhere in Vasco is there a dec
ent restaurant that accepts the little brats. So we just had to Dutch it, as in each man for himself! Except I paid for Snehal Pal... After all, we went through college with very similar attitudes towards all the features of a college that are most important to a hosteler - the drab meals at the mess, the over priced stationary shop, the title-clash between ManU (him) and Chelsea(me), our similar views on the life of a fellow BITSian, and the world in general. Now only after you've been through three years in such a scenario, do you realize you are bros for life.

I could probably write about each of my friends here.....but that would look like I was handing out free testimonials...!! So I probably will deal with that a little later... but honorary mention must go to my neighbor and fellow Counter-Strike freak, Sasanka aka ICEMAN :) . Honestly, if you are playing a magging map (sniper)against this dude, it's like he's the Grim Reaper.... the very moment you see him on your screen you might as well leave the mouse and sit back, because you already know the outcome. Football freak, sleepy, that's ICEMAN for you.

Well, anywez we headed to Rangoli restaurant, where the prices were outdated in the menu ( but still damn high !!). Rangoli's one of those places where you have to make sure you don't go alone, or with an incredibly dull fellow citizen ( but then, you wouldn't want to be stuck ANYWHERE in the world with the dull dude ). This is because of the service there.... you might as well order your food, go out, finish all your business in Vasco ,write out your wills a
nd plan out your entire next year's budget by the time you get the food. :P Well, we had a blast all right... Out with me were Venu (Porcupine), Pavan (SINBAD), Snehal ( Gremlin), Akhil (TylerDurden) and Pavan Kasi (Invader).

My forty winks are catching up to me, so am off.....to finish the story, we caught up with our prez outside the restaurant, booked a bus back to campus....

<Yawn> newez , sayonara till the next post!

( in pics: 1. Porky, Sinbad, myself, Tillu, Gremlin and Invader
2. Myself and Gremlin disturbing sleepy ICEMAN;s forty winks ;P
3. Akhil, Snehal, Pavan and Venu @ Rangoli's

No comments: