Monday, April 26, 2010

What Would It be Like Without Religion?

I came across another unbelievable article (in my blogroll), about abolishing religion totally! Check it out here.

My take on it....

While I am not a very religious guy myself, I am not against people having their own religious beliefs, your point about starting a cult following with a hundred members was pretty funny :P

I want to bring to light the turmoil in France right now, with the abolition of the burqa. In France, you are not allowed to flaunt your religion, not allowed to publicize any symbols/signs related to your religion, etc. Is this how it should be for India as well? Even the mere suggestion of it will lead to (yet again) communal wars.

It's funny I came across your post today, because coincidentally, I was watching The Da Vinci Code earlier this evening. I liked the part where Tom Hanks says, it's all on your beliefs. When the book (and later movie) were released, Christians all over the world felt offended. No one was prepared to accept the fact that it is, merely, a fictional whim, a masterpiece created by the author Dan Brown. If anything, the realism of the story buys into it's whole debate.

While abolishing religion as a whole is pretty idealistic, that doesn't mean to say it's not a positive hope to cling on to. Cases against self-proclaimed godmen have been sprouting up through the years, it's nothing new to misuse people's trust for your own personal gains .And while I am not implicating anything, isn't that exactly what even Jesus Christ was about, and wasn't that why the Romans turned against him? Every belief in the world has it's own set of doubters and critics. It's what makes the world an open playground. If everyone were to have the same set of beliefs, well, that's what Hitler's been famous for, hasn't he?

2 comments:

Soni said...

The original article is excellent.

Unknown said...

Ya, u must chk out the whole blog. hes written some amazing posts. a little biased, though...