Friday, March 19, 2010

A Hoot About Nothing

Somehow it seemed to me today morning that I have been limiting my blogging skills to sending scathing messages on my Office Outlook about a certain middle-man. Not a big loss to the blogging community, I'm sure, but it hit me - a blog is a fundamental tool that supports the freedom of expression clause I'm sure I have read somewhere in the Constitution.

However, the furore that's customary to follow any personal opinion and even slightly liberal point of view, has made every self-righteous individual conscious about what he puts out in front of the world. Take a remark about the participation of sportsmen from a neighboring country in a premier sports event, or a tweet (or even a historical institution ) using an older name of a place never mind it's heritage status, or even a scrap about an alleged tragedy.

Every day you read about all these statements, and remarks which look innocent enough, probably made in the best of intentions, but which are twirled around by effigy-burning politicos for their own personal gains.

With that tit-bit of anger out of the way, i feel a lot more freer about my privates ;) Coming back to my middle-man issue, I don't remember what I typed into my mails verbatim, but I can remember something about him being a sinister old dog who doesn't let the other dogs of his compound learn newer tricks either. Something else about his being frustrated about his grey, colorless life and sucking the hues out of ours. And some quote about the Anti-Christ.

With a little less than three months left of my internship, and my main project coming to a blissful end, I breathed a sigh of relief today and got the hell out of the swelter-house.

To conclude, why did I name this post 'A Hoot About Nothing'? Sounds like the name of a blog. Check my blogroll, you'll find similar names - As I See It, My Perceptions, and what not. All commendable blogs, without doubt, though. And just like Seinfeld and George Costanza make their pitch to NBC on the show about nothing, I too have a post about virtually nothing in the end. :|

2 comments:

Ojas said...

Decent, esp. cause I could relate to it. The certain middle-man is a (almost) man called Kiran Gowda :P

Unknown said...

ob Gowda. The enemy of all things good and pure.