Monday, February 1, 2010

Indoor at Indore

Hey all.
I’ve not written anything for quite some time, so I am assuming that the person reading this is either here by mistake, due to a spelling error, or just surfing through blogs. However, in the off-chance that you are an interested viewer, I would like to welcome you back :)
Working in a telecom company is a big deal, considering I am not through college yet. Although 15 starry-eyed undergrads were spread out across the country with the promises of a thrilling joy-ride and a stipend to match, the journey has not been what we initially hoped it would be.
Although the work is mechanical, I’ve had a blast. I am presently in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. I wish I could explain a little more about this city, but I can’t – haven’t really gone out sightseeing yet.
My adventure began, rather ironically, with a mis-adventure. I don’t want to go into the whole story again, I have repeated it too many times to my liking. Suffice it to say I am down by a lot of money, and the soul responsible for my ordeal stranded me in this strange new city. The episode has not ended yet, in all probability it will take a couple of weeks more, after which I might be tempted to key it down into a post. For the time-being, however, let me channel my wrath in more productive ways. And also offer you a free piece of advice – never ever trust a guy you have only heard of and talked to, though you have not seen him, with any monetary matters. I know in retrospect it seems very obvious, as I see in the “Well, DUH” look across your face, but I am sure you’ll sympathize with me after I explain it (later).
Somehow or the other, I have managed to keep my enthusiasm high for the first few weeks :D. The only blip being that I have run out of avenues of entertainment, and considering that I am working alone here and my stock of movies have run out, I am indeed lucky that I’m going back to campus later this week.
Just started (restarted, rather) my Photoshop experiments again, so it’ll be a while before I put up anything. But till then, safe health and cheerio.