Saturday, October 3, 2009

When Two Worlds Collide



Inspired by Apocalyptica's Somewhere Around Nothing video, this was just something I penned down to put myself out of boredom.

A lone violin haunts the night,
A night of prayer, a night of lies.
My hand caressing the harvest
Untouched by yesterday's fires.

As I walk by the fieldline,
The violin fades out into the darkness.
The velvet horizon beckons me yonder
Into it's boundless mystery.

I see a shed in the distance,
The world around hued in greys and greens.
A flicker, of light, of hope
Pushes me to trudge along in it's wake.

As I turn a curve, suddenly,
A choir of cellos roars into the air,
The leaves around tremble, in fright
Or expectation, to Hell's symphony.

The pitch rising higher, as I close in,
In perfect harmony, with growing depth.
I wade faster, through the woods
Towards that lonely shed.

I see a vintage Mustang, parked behind,
And a cross on the door, a gong in the chimney.
The haunting music reaches it's peak
As I head towards the door.

I am not afraid, to be out alone,
Nor am I afraid, of this lonely shed.
I know that the answers to yesterday's madness
Are beyond this red door.

I touch the handle, the music stops,
Suddenly the night is still,
As if willing me to open it
The key to my search, and my pain.

No comments: